This entry was posted 4 years, 7 months ago.
November 7, 2011
A great deal is said about the importance of a good heart health. Taking into account the fact that almost 2 million people on earth die every year of various cardiovascular diseases and related health conditions, it is worth to learn more and be educated about the risks and dangers, as well as about the ways and the most effective approaches to preventing heart problems. Nutritionists offer us a great and safe way to improve the function of our cardiovascular system and give us more chances for living a longer and healthier life.
Check out the list of top 9 foods for your heart health.
1. Olives. These amazing fruits are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E and other nutrients which can assist us in lowering LDL cholesterol levels in our blood, normalizing our blood pressure and having more of positive impact on our heart health.
2. Whole Grain Foods. Known as the best idea for a healthy breakfast, oats and other whole grain foods are a great nutritional support packed with benefits. It is a source of numerous minerals, vitamins, fiber and other nutrients which can work for lowering our cholesterol levels, lowering the chances of clogged arteries and this way preventing serious cardiovascular problems.
3. Tomatoes. In addition to a rich vitamin content of these tasty veggies, tomatoes contain an antioxidant lycopene, which has amazing protective actions against heart disease and many types of cancer.
4. Greens. Green leafy vegetables can provide your body with plenty of fiber, water and minerals, as well as such element as foliate which plays a role for keeping homocysteine levels down and protecting our heart health.
5. Apples. These amazing fruits are essential for a good health, and, as the proverb goes, eating at least one apple a day (certainly a 100% organic one) is a very smart solution and a way to prevent many diseases and ailments in a long-term perspective. In addition to other numerous health benefits of apples, being rich in antioxidants and protecting our heart health is probably the most important one.
6. Blueberries. This is one of the leading natural sources of antioxidants, which in addition is rich in vitamin C and contributes greatly in not only lowering the levels of LDL cholesterol but also in increasing the levels of good cholesterol in our blood.
7. Fish. Fatty fish is an exceptional source of Omega 3 fatty acid, which is considered the best protection against blood clots formation and developing related serious heart conditions.
8. Soy. This food is known for its properties to lower the levels of triglycerides in the blood, this way lowering the levels of LDL cholesterol and preventing blood clotting.
9. Almonds. They are rich in minerals and monosaturated fatty acids, and in order to protect your heart health it is possible to use small dozens of almonds on a daily basis.Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.