This entry was posted 8 years, 5 months ago.
October 24, 2008
There is a special branch of today’s phytotherapy called diet herbal medicine, which can offer many potent solutions to those who struggle to shed some extra lbs. Diet herbal medicine uses various kinds of herbs, plants and their extracts in order to create effective mixtures, herbal teas and preparations, which can activate certain processes in your body and assist in combating weight problems. However, specialists emphasize on the fact that herbal remedies for weight loss should be used and expected to bring positive effects only in combination with other techniques of weight loss, such as physical exercises, eating a rich and healthy diet, avoiding junk food, and so on.
In other words, if you only drink your slimming herbal teas or use special herbal formulas for weight loss, it would be difficult to achieve the desired results. However, herbal remedies and mixtures can be very useful for losing weight in many ways. Some herbs can help to keep you appetite under control, some help with intensifying your metabolism and can be your allies in burning fat, some can lower your bad cholesterol level and some can assist in getting rid of food wastes. Below, you can find the list of 7 herbs, which are considered to be the most effective in assisting weight loss and are usually included to various natural dietary pills and supplements.
• Green tea is supposed to be the most effective herbal remedy for weight loss. Its main properties, which can assist weight loss, include increasing metabolism and thermogenesis, normalizing appetite, helping to fasten fat burning and lowering bad cholesterol level. Green tea is one of the safest herbal remedies, which promotes weight loss and can be used by practically everyone.
• Senna is another important medicinal herb, which can be found in the majority of herbal mixtures for weight loss. It has unprecedented laxative properties and helps to remove various toxins from the body. Senna must be taken only upon recommendation of a doctor because it has certain side effects (such as constipation and dehydration).
• St. John’s Wort (Hypercium perforatum) also helps to fasten metabolism, and it is used for normalization of the function of nervous system. Tonic and diuretic properties of this medicinal herb can also contribute to obesity control strategy. Because of numerous possible side effects, the products containing this plant must be taken only under control of a therapist or a herbalist.
• Guggul (Commiphora wightii), another important herb for weight management, which is extremely effective for balancing your cholesterol levels. It is a good fat burning agent, which also has immunomodulating properties and helps to regulate lipids in the blood. There are also precautions for side effects.
• Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale), as a natural diuretic, helps to decrease body water and assists in weight loss.
• Guarana (Paullina cupana) is also used in natural products for weight loss for its diuretic and stimulative effects.
• Oat straw (Avena sativa) is a known plant that helps to decrease body fat and improve general health.
Supportive herbal therapy is recommended to the majority of people who are working on losing weight in order to keep their overall health under control. Morover, you can also use the herbs, which can help you boost your energy, reduce fatigue and get motivated for physical activities (like Ginkgo Biloba, peppermint and so on). Together with your therapist, you can create a special program and choose, what herbs and in what forms (capsules, extracts, herbal mixtures, etc.) would be the best to use, taking into account your particular health condition. Do not put yourself at a risk, experiment carefully and observe the results! This way diet herbal medicine can help you make yourself healthy and fit much faster!Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.