This entry was posted 7 years, 0 months ago.
June 12, 2009
Nowadays, there are hundreds of effective medicines and supplements created to boost our sexual desire and improve our sexual life. However, herbal medicine offers much safer and healthier natural solutions for everyone who is looking for some new approaches to sexual satisfaction. Aphrodisiac herbs and plants such as Ginseng, Damiana, Tongkat Ali, Goat Weed and many more, have been used for centuries in folk medicines of many cultures throughout the world. But, actually, you do not need to seek exotic stuffs, expensive supplements or imported natural products of arguable quality. Let’s take a look at our garden and see, what we have there to assist us in boosting our sexual activity:
- Spinach. It is a very powerful antioxidant which can help both men and women to reach new heights in their sexual life. Spinach contains lots of useful elements and vitamins, it speeds up protein digestion and improves fat metabolism. This way, spinach stimulates weight loss.
- Garlic. Garlic is one of the oldest known aphrodisiacs which was widely used by our ancestors in Ancient Greece and Ancient Egypt. Aphrodite and her maidens believed that eating several cloves of garlic (washed out first in water and then in olive oil) can help women fall in love and enhance sexual power of men.
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare). This is one more natural aphrodisiac known so well by our ancient ancestors. Fennel was an ingredient of the most powerful love portions, as well as many modern time’s stimulants (like absinthe). Moreover, in some cultures there’s a belief that a glass of beer mixed with cut fennel is a matchless drink for those men who want to impress their lovers.
- Horseradish (Cochlearia armoracia or Armoracia rusticana). This plant is a known spice, a relative of mustard and wasabi. It is among the best natural stimulants which can speed up blood circulation and stimulate the function of nerve system. In order to receive good effects, you can eat a vegetable salad with some cut horseradish root before leaving for a promising date.
- Celery. This natural remedy has very strong properties to stimulate our sexual desire and restore our sexual vitality. These properties of celery were used in Ancient Rome. Celery root was a part of wedding ceremony in the Empire, and green leaves of celery plant were used as an element of marital bed decoration for a newly married couple.
- Carrot. Recuperative properties of carrot were discussed centuries ago in the writings of Avicenna. In our folk medicine, carrots were used to improve blood circulation of the women who lost their sexual desire. Carrot juice was the best treatment both for women and men to be stronger in bed.
- Onions. Onions were used as a stimulant in Ancient Egypt. Pliny the Eldest, a philosopher from Ancient Rome, praised therapeutic and stimulant properties of red onions (the Tropea red), and in the Renaissance period it was prohibited to eat onions in monasteries and religious houses. Therefore, onions should be the most favorite foods of modern sex-bombs. Besides, onions have excellent rejuvenating and anti-cancerous properties.