This entry was posted 4 years, 8 months ago.
July 12, 2012
Cancer is undoubtedly one of the most terrifying and deadly diseases of our epoch, and every year a great deal of patients lose their lives as a result of cancer. Most of people are making great efforts to protect themselves from this disease and do everything possible to reduce risk of cancer. At the same time, scientists are working very hard to create an effective treatment or possibly a cure for this terrible disease. Despite massive efforts and extensive scientific work, cancer remains the world’s most tragic issue, incurable. WHO (The World Health Organization) has issued a serious warning saying that the by 2030, cancer will turn into the most common cause of deaths on the planet. However, there’s no need in panicking or getting totally depressed.
Fortunately, cancer is still considered quite preventable disease. According to the experts from Union for International Cancer Control, in every 100 cases of cancer it is possible to prevent 33 cases by observing easy rules of healthy eating and healthy lifestyle. Most types of cencer usually do not develop rapidly or out of nothing, and making simple changes in our life, making it healthiest and more natural, can help everyone of us to substantially reduce cancer risk. Below, I am going to list some easy tips on how to lower risk of cancer.
- You must not neglect chronic sicknesses. Even if you do not feel worse, visit your doctor or a competent health care specialist on a regular basis, to monitor the situation and reduce cancer risk.
- Stresses, cigarettes, alcohol, substance addiction drastically increase you chances to get cancer.
- Alcohol consumption increases cancer risks, especially kidney, colon, breast, and liver cancer.
- If you drop your tobacco smoking habit from 20 cigarettes a day to below 10 cigarettes a day, you will be 27 per cent less likely to have lung cancer and all related complications.
- If you have a family history of cancer, you should do regular check ups to reduce cancer risk.
- After washing the dishes you must clean off the detergent as much as possible with plenty of water.
- Take showers often to decrease exposure to harmful toxins and chemicals.
- To lower cancer risk, for your laundry you should prefer organic/natural soaps and detergents based on olive oil, bay leaf or nut oil.
- Using clothes that do not require dry cleaning is a very good idea to reduce risk of cancer for everyone.
- You must wash your carpets often with a mixture of water with apple cider vinegar.
- To lower cancer risks, reduce your consumption of sugar, salt, soft drinks, fatty foods, and the foods high in animal protein.
- Always choose fresh veggies over pickles, and fresh fish over canned fish.
- Avoid fried foods known as the most carcinogenic foods. To lower cancer risk, use healthy cooking styles like grilling or baking.
- The cloths you newly bought must be washed before you wear them to remove any excess chemicals.
- If you want to reduce cancer risk, do not use room sprays which contain poisonous gases and temper your immune system.
- If you consume fast food more than three times a week, you’re more likely to have brain tumors, lymphoma or leukemia.
- To boost your cancer-fighting efforts, you must consume plenty of fruit, veggies, yogurt and cheese, pulses and whole grains.
- Garlic, broccoli, green tea, artichokes, cantaloupe, kiwifruits, leafy greens, and blueberries are considered the best natural cancer-fighting foods.
- To reduce risk of cancer you must not use plastic aluminum food containers. Always prefer glass or ceramic.
- If you keep your fruits and veggies dipped in vinegar water before washing, you will more likely to wash away most of cancer-causing substances accumulated on the surface of those foods.
- You should consume green onions, leeks, celery, nut, walnuts, and peanuts.
- Frozen foods once gets unfrozen must be consumed right away. If frozen again, the DNA in the foods will get disrupted and can increase the risks of tumor formation.
- To lower cancer risks, always protect yourself from direct sun exposure. Try to stay in shadows, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., always use sunscreen, or cover exposed body areas.
- Avoid unprotected sex.
- Support the function of your immune system and get vaccinated.
- Avoid being exposed to environmental pollution which is accountable for 1-4 per cent of all cancers.
Remember that cancer prevention is in your own hands, and the earlier you begin, the less chances you have to suffer from this terrible disease. Use these simple tips on how to lower risks of cancer, and help those around you to observe these simple rules, too. Stay healthy and happy for many many years!Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.