This entry was posted 8 years, 1 month ago.
March 26, 2009
Metabolism is a very important chemical process in our body, which can be described as the speed of calorie burning or a number of calories we burn every day. Every person has strictly individual metabolic rate, and that is why some of us can eat a lot and remain slim, and some have to eat a little in order to remain in a normal weight. In other words, some people have low metabolism, so calories burn slower in their body and the rest of the calories get stored. Some people have high metabolism, so they can eat a lot and have lower risks of putting on weight.
Unfortunately, in our times not everyone can benefit from good metabolic rate. Low metabolism can be caused by such factors as bad eating habits, an insufficient water intake, inactive life-style, excessive amounts of sugar in the body, etc. In many people, problems with metabolism cause gaining extra weight, being less active and always tired, being exposed to extra stresses, and so on. However, there are many ways to improve your metabolic rate. Take a look at the following tips:
- Eat 4-6 times a day and avoid skipping meals.
- Try to develop a habit of eating small portions of meals and always avoid overeating.
- Include to your daily diet such foods as meat, fish, milk, soybeans, and the other foods, which contain beta-carotene and amino acids.
- Avoid snacking, especially eating in fast food restaurants and eating meals with trans fats.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water every day.
- Sleep not less than 7-8 hours a day.
- Exercise a lot, do both power training and cardiovascular exercises (walking, jogging, cycling, etc.)
- Give up bad habits, such as smoking, drinking alcohol, etc.
Certainly, there is nothing new or unusual in these easy tips. They are absolutely universal and well-known. However, the truth is: they realy work, and following these tips can help you not only to improve your metabolic rate, but also control you weigh, ensure proper functioning of all your body systems, lower the risks of having the majority of common diseases and ailments, avoid stresses, and, finally: be always healthy, fit, good looking and happy. Listen to your body, take care about it and it will pay you back with a good health and a happy life!Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.