15 Interesting Facts About BreakfastA good breakfast makes an excellent start of the day. It provides...
Mediterranean Diet Plan And Foods Are Good For Our Physical And Mental HealthWhat Is The Mediterranean Diet? Nowadays, the Mediterranean diet,...
Health Benefits Of Avocado OilAvocado Oil, A Miraculous Natural Extract Avocado oil has been known...
Tips On How To Lower Risk Of CancerCancer is undoubtedly one of the most terrifying and deadly diseases...
Top 10 Healthiest Foods In The WorldOf course, every one of us wants to eat healthy and consume only the...
High quality red wine is considered quite healthy and useful natural remedy, that is why the experts from the American Dietetic Association included red wine in the list of the most recommended foods for healthy nutrition in 2010. By drinking just one glass of high quality red wine you can provide your body with natural antioxidants known for a variety of unique properties like rejuvenation, anti-cancer activity, and so on. However, it is essential to avoid increased consumption of red wine, as even high quality product can cause serious health problems. In particular, it can increase the risks of mouth cancer, according to the latest findings. Read the rest of this entry »
Red wine is famous for its high content of antioxidants, and drinking a glass of high quality red wine a day is proven to slow down aging, prevent most of cardiovascular diseases and several types of cancer. Red wine benefits have been proven by numerous researches and studies, and one of the latest study was focused on discovering the effects of red wine on human body on chemical level. The findings of an expert group based in Cambridge University, turned out to be quite interesting, and the report about this study was recently published in the Cell online journal. Read the rest of this entry »
When it comes to healthy nutrition and diet, may of us have to face lots of prohibitions that live in our minds. Some of those are scary stories from our childhood, some entered our life from the pages of magazines. Many rules we used to follow are still true, but what about diet and nutrition myths?
1. Eating before going to bed is a crime. Well, our working day sometimes ends up very late, and according to this rule, those people who come home at 9 p.m. should stay hungry till the morning, shouldn’t they? An American nutritionist Ashima K Kant from Queens College of the City University of New York is certain that the time when you have your last meal is not important at all. His study showed that those who eat cakes and fried chicken before going to bed really gain pounds, but those who consume fruit and veggies do not gain a grain! Read the rest of this entry »
World’s leading nutrition specialists announced that 2010 will be the year of healthy nutrition. They are convinced that healthy eating will be the year’s trend No. 1, and that is why the American Dietetic Association published a list of the most recommended and healthiest food which have to be included to everyone’s diet and daily nutrition in 2010. According to Katherine Tallmadge, the ADA spokeswoman, all these foods are very beneficial, low in calories and available in most stores and markets in the US and around the world. Read the rest of this entry »
One of the world’s most known nutritionists, Dr. Alan Greene, Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at Stanford University School of Medicine, Attending Pediatrician at Packard Children’s Hospital, and Senior Fellow at the University California San Francisco Center for the Health Professions, is also known as a book writer, a blogger and a health care enthusiast. Recently, he published a list of 5 most important organic foods, which every today’s woman should add to her healthy nutrition plan.
The list includes the following 5 organic foods:
1. Dairy products. As a rule, modern time’s women have a certain lack of high quality dairy products in their diet, which is sometimes compensated by occasional consumption of low-fat yogurts or low-fat milk with cereal for breakfast. At the same time, dairy products are very useful for children and adults as these products are rich in omega 3 and other fatty acids necessary for normal function of our body systems.
2. Lettuce and other leafy vegetables. Organic green leafy veggies, such as lettuce, broccoli, spinach, Chinese cabbage, parsley, and a great number of others, are perfect sources of antioxidants and should be added to the menu of every modern person. At that, organic green vegetables usually have 25% more antioxidants than usual ones we can find in any today’s supermarkets or grocery shops.
3. Organic Apples. The apples we usual buy from our markets are overloaded with dangerous toxic chemicals and pesticides, but organic apples (as well as organic peaches, imported grapes, strawberries, nectarines, cherries, oranges, pears, and other fruit) are considered to be among the most useful natural foods for good woman’s health. Remember that eating only ORGANIC apples can keeps all the doctor away!
4. Organic Tomatoes. Tomatoes are a type of the foods we eat very frequently, that is why it is important to be sure in the quality of these vegetables. Instead of using various tomato pastes and souses, choose organic tomatoes for your cooking. It is very important for women as tomatoes contain an antioxidant lycopene, which prevents breast cancer.
5. Red Wine. It is enough to have just a half glass of red wine every day to enjoy numerous health benefits of this product. First of all, great amounts of antioxidants in red wine can help to slow down aging and make our skin look better. Also, antioxidants assist in preventing various types of cancer. Remember that organic wine has up to 30% more antioxidants than a usual wine.