15 Interesting Facts About BreakfastA good breakfast makes an excellent start of the day. It provides...
Mediterranean Diet Plan And Foods Are Good For Our Physical And Mental HealthWhat Is The Mediterranean Diet? Nowadays, the Mediterranean diet,...
Health Benefits Of Avocado OilAvocado Oil, A Miraculous Natural Extract Avocado oil has been known...
Tips On How To Lower Risk Of CancerCancer is undoubtedly one of the most terrifying and deadly diseases...
Top 10 Healthiest Foods In The WorldOf course, every one of us wants to eat healthy and consume only the...
Those who have ever tried following a strict diet know how hard it can be to totally eliminate from the daily diet one or another group of foods that are high in calories, saturated fats, sugar, and other ingredients dangerous for our good health. Instead of suffering from feeling of being hungry or deprived of something, most of modern people prefer making healthy choices in everything related to their nutrition. This includes consuming only 100% organic foods, using healthy ways of cooking, and so on. Below, there are top 9 tips for those who are concerned about their body mass index and want to remain slim in 2012. Read the rest of this entry »
Sometimes, depression can turn into a really terrible thing. When we are depressed, we lose interest in this life, we tend to give up doing the things we like and stop taking pleasure from the things we usually find enjoyable. Many of us when feeling depressed give up taking a proper care about the body and health, forget about healthy nutrition and start eating lots and lots of junk foods. Undoubtedly, this can be very harmful to our digestive system and overall health. In addition, as the scientists say, eating fatty and junk foods is closely linked to increased risks of depression and very low chances to get out of this stressful and harmful condition. Read the rest of this entry »
Many of us know so well about all the advantages of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and a lot of people do really want to start living a healthy life. But sometimes they do not know where to begin and how to start changing their life. The most common reason why we refuse making efforts for keeping fit, giving up bad habits and following a healthy diet plan is our busy schedules and lack of time for making changes. What to do? Read the rest of this entry »
It is the last month of summer, but many of us still could not get adapted to hot weather and long days. On this background, nutritionists suggest healthy nutrition as the most effective tool for feeling good in summer. Follow these 7 easy rules for feeling healthy and refreshed even when it is 40 degrees Celsius outside.
Rule No. 1: Do not overeat. Overeating makes our body spend more energy to digest the meals, instead of spending it for other important processes. Besides, overeating increases the risks of having extra weight, that is why it is always better to rise from the table with a light feeling of hunger. Read the rest of this entry »
One of the world’s most known nutritionists, Dr. Alan Greene, Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at Stanford University School of Medicine, Attending Pediatrician at Packard Children’s Hospital, and Senior Fellow at the University California San Francisco Center for the Health Professions, is also known as a book writer, a blogger and a health care enthusiast. Recently, he published a list of 5 most important organic foods, which every today’s woman should add to her healthy nutrition plan.
The list includes the following 5 organic foods:
1. Dairy products. As a rule, modern time’s women have a certain lack of high quality dairy products in their diet, which is sometimes compensated by occasional consumption of low-fat yogurts or low-fat milk with cereal for breakfast. At the same time, dairy products are very useful for children and adults as these products are rich in omega 3 and other fatty acids necessary for normal function of our body systems.
2. Lettuce and other leafy vegetables. Organic green leafy veggies, such as lettuce, broccoli, spinach, Chinese cabbage, parsley, and a great number of others, are perfect sources of antioxidants and should be added to the menu of every modern person. At that, organic green vegetables usually have 25% more antioxidants than usual ones we can find in any today’s supermarkets or grocery shops.
3. Organic Apples. The apples we usual buy from our markets are overloaded with dangerous toxic chemicals and pesticides, but organic apples (as well as organic peaches, imported grapes, strawberries, nectarines, cherries, oranges, pears, and other fruit) are considered to be among the most useful natural foods for good woman’s health. Remember that eating only ORGANIC apples can keeps all the doctor away!
4. Organic Tomatoes. Tomatoes are a type of the foods we eat very frequently, that is why it is important to be sure in the quality of these vegetables. Instead of using various tomato pastes and souses, choose organic tomatoes for your cooking. It is very important for women as tomatoes contain an antioxidant lycopene, which prevents breast cancer.
5. Red Wine. It is enough to have just a half glass of red wine every day to enjoy numerous health benefits of this product. First of all, great amounts of antioxidants in red wine can help to slow down aging and make our skin look better. Also, antioxidants assist in preventing various types of cancer. Remember that organic wine has up to 30% more antioxidants than a usual wine.
We all know that an effective weight loss program should include not only dieting, doing lots of physical exercises and outdoor activities. Weight management specialists are convinced that in the most cases, developing healthy eating habits is everything we need to reduce or maintain a normal body weight. Healthy nutrition is linked to regular receiving a daily norm of nutrients necessary for normal functioning of all our body systems. Therefore, sticking to the rules of healthy nutrition will assist us in maintaining ideal body shape and enjoying the benefits of a healthy life-style. Today, we are going to talk about easy rules of healthy nutrition habits, which can help everyone to be always in a good shape and fit. Read the rest of this entry »