15 Interesting Facts About BreakfastA good breakfast makes an excellent start of the day. It provides...
Mediterranean Diet Plan And Foods Are Good For Our Physical And Mental HealthWhat Is The Mediterranean Diet? Nowadays, the Mediterranean diet,...
Health Benefits Of Avocado OilAvocado Oil, A Miraculous Natural Extract Avocado oil has been known...
Tips On How To Lower Risk Of CancerCancer is undoubtedly one of the most terrifying and deadly diseases...
Top 10 Healthiest Foods In The WorldOf course, every one of us wants to eat healthy and consume only the...
Breakfast is certainly the most important meal for the day, but a lot of us are not able to wake up enough by the breakfast time to think about our health, especially when we need to have a bite and run to their workplace. That is why the most common type of breakfast include a cup of tea or coffee and a sandwich. However, we must not forget that having a good and healthy breakfast can assist us in weight management and cholesterol lowering, this way preventing possible health problems related to our heart health. Read the rest of this entry »
It is the last month of summer, but many of us still could not get adapted to hot weather and long days. On this background, nutritionists suggest healthy nutrition as the most effective tool for feeling good in summer. Follow these 7 easy rules for feeling healthy and refreshed even when it is 40 degrees Celsius outside.
Rule No. 1: Do not overeat. Overeating makes our body spend more energy to digest the meals, instead of spending it for other important processes. Besides, overeating increases the risks of having extra weight, that is why it is always better to rise from the table with a light feeling of hunger. Read the rest of this entry »
We all know that an effective weight loss program should include not only dieting, doing lots of physical exercises and outdoor activities. Weight management specialists are convinced that in the most cases, developing healthy eating habits is everything we need to reduce or maintain a normal body weight. Healthy nutrition is linked to regular receiving a daily norm of nutrients necessary for normal functioning of all our body systems. Therefore, sticking to the rules of healthy nutrition will assist us in maintaining ideal body shape and enjoying the benefits of a healthy life-style. Today, we are going to talk about easy rules of healthy nutrition habits, which can help everyone to be always in a good shape and fit. Read the rest of this entry »
We all love fruits, those healthy natural deposits of vitamins, water, nutrients and other useful elements. I personally love oranges and cherries the most, and I can gladly eat 3-4 pounds of apples a day. In many cultures, it is traditional to eat fresh fruits for a dessert after meals. However, not many people are aware about the fact that eating fruits at the end of lunches or dinners can be quite harmful. Specialists suggest being careful on this point and following some easy rules, which can help us to rip maximum benefits from eating fruit.
1. Do not eat fruits after meals. It usually takes about 20 minutes for fruits to digest and move to the small intestine where further absorption of the nutrients occurs. However, when we eat fruits after other meals, especially the ones with a high content of proteins or starch which usually take much longer to digest, the fruits get blocked in our stomach and start fermenting or even getting rotten. In such case, no positive nutritional effects will be received. Instead, the meals will not be digested completely, the fruits will get broken right in our stomach and our digestive system will be affected and upset.
2. Do not eat fruits together with other meals. The same effect will take place in the stomach, when the fruits are mixed with other meals. Toxic effects of rotten fruits in your stomach can cause great discomfort and even serious diseases. For example, eating kiwis, cherries or berries together with meat, potatoes or other foods containing lots of proteins, starch and fats, can cause various problems with digestion, colitis, diarrhea, and even pains in liver.
3. Make a habit of eating fruits on an empty stomach. This habit will bring more good to your health. Your stomach and digestive system will not have to use additional mechanisms to balance the process of digestion. It is also very good to eat fruits after doing physical exercises or any sort of outdoor activities.
The best time for eating fruits:
- in the morning, 20-30 minutes before having breakfast;
- in the afternoon, 3-4 hours after lunch
- before the bedtime, 3-4 hours after having dinner.
Hypertension (high blood pressure) is called “a disease of our epoch”. For the last 50 years its incidence has been drastically increasing. Statistics shows that currently every one of four Americans suffers from this health problem. Hypertension affects thousands of people throughout the world regardless of their age, gender and general health condition. High blood pressure is usually associated with narrowing of the arteries, fastened heartbeat or greater volumes of blood. These conditions are among the most common causes of hypertension, along with such factors as overweight and obesity, sedentary life style, poor diet, stresses, etc. Read the rest of this entry »