15 Interesting Facts About BreakfastA good breakfast makes an excellent start of the day. It provides...
Mediterranean Diet Plan And Foods Are Good For Our Physical And Mental HealthWhat Is The Mediterranean Diet? Nowadays, the Mediterranean diet,...
Health Benefits Of Avocado OilAvocado Oil, A Miraculous Natural Extract Avocado oil has been known...
Tips On How To Lower Risk Of CancerCancer is undoubtedly one of the most terrifying and deadly diseases...
Top 10 Healthiest Foods In The WorldOf course, every one of us wants to eat healthy and consume only the...
Most of us can not imagine our day without a cup or two of amazing refreshing cup of coffee. Both men and women like coffee and very often drink several cups a day. There are numerous health benefits of coffee, and right now scores of new studies are being carried out in various nations around the world. The effects of coffee and caffeine on our body have been a subject of interest for many decades. According to the most recent findings, a regular consumption of coffee in moderate amounts can help lower the risks of endometrial cancer, or cancer of the lining of the uterus. Read the rest of this entry »
No doubt that coffee is one of the most popular and most consumed drinks on earth. Many of us can not imagine a good start of their day without a cup of fresh and energizing cup of this amazing drink. Most of those who work in the offices drink several cups of coffee during the day. As coffee is a powerful source of caffeine, there is a certain controversy over coffee consumption, health benefits of coffee and possible side effects of drinking coffee on an everyday basis. At the same time, most of the specialists say that drinking 1-2 cups of coffee a day can be really useful and can have a great number of therapeutic effects. Read the rest of this entry »
We all suffer from stresses regularly, and stresses affect our mental condition and health to a great extent. In particular, such problems as low blood pressure, poor digestion function, as well as hair loss and skin problems are linked to stresses. Usually, when you are stressed out you do not think about a good nutrition plan, don’t you? Sometimes you do not think about eating at all! But do not forget that your body needs great amounts of nutrients and minerals in order to get out of this terrible condition and do not feel exhausted and tired. Read the rest of this entry »
Drinking two-three big cups of coffee a day can have therapeutic effects and help people to lower the risks of having memory problems associated with Alzheimer’s disease. The scientists from University of South Florida are convinced that all caffeinated drinks (especially coffee) have serious positive effects on our brain function. They say that our regular morning coffee is a key to having perfect memory and possible prevention of memory loss. Read the rest of this entry »
Traditionally, coffee and chocolate are not supposed to be too useful for our health. However, according to the study of the experts from the department of food science at Leeds University, it can be good to consume such products as chocolate, tea and coffee, along with certain fruit and veggies containing polyphenols, in order to preserve youth, avoid having serious diseases and live a long and healthy life. Gary Williamson, a leader of the research group, presented the list of 20 most useful foods, which are “…essential to fulfill the maximum individual lifespan“, he said.
There is a hypothesis about negative impact of oxygen molecules on our body. Certainly, oxygen is essential for normal functioning of all body systems and organs, but as a result of certain chemical reactions in our body, the molecules of oxygen lose electrons and turn into free radicals. Such radicals are quite dangerous because they have a tend to attack other healthy cells of our tissues and obtain the electrons they need. These process causes aging of the cells, and there is the only way to stop it is to consume more antioxidants, which can neutralize those free radicals.
When we are young, our body can produce necessary amounts of antioxidants, but such factors as aging, stresses, environmental problems and so on, frequently cause an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants. That is why we need to receive more of these useful elements from the foods and drinks we consume. The following products are supposed to be the most effective natural sources of antioxidants:
- Coffee. 1-2 cups of coffee a day can provide your body with necessary amounts of antioxidants. In addition, coffee can assist in improving your memory, as well as help you refresh your mind and get focused on something. Finally, regular consumption of reasonable doses of this beverage contributes in normalization of the function of your digestive system, prevents developing stones in kidneys and can have positive effects on your blood pressure.
- Broccoli. It is an absolutely unique vegetable which is linked to a variety of health benefits. Annually, Americans consume approximately 75000 tones of broccoli. This plant has large amounts of Vitamin C and Vitamin E and is considered to be among the most effective natural remedies which can help you prevent the development of cancer, along with many other dangerous diseases. Also, it is a polyphenol-rich food.
- Cranberries. These berries have very high content of natural antioxidants, such as Vitamins A and C, selenium, ellagic acid and anthocyannis. 100% juice can be a perfect way to enrich your diet with antioxidants. Gary Williamson underlines that in order to achieve good effects, it is also possible to use other berries and fruit, such as cherries, oranges, apples, peaches, raspberries, strawberries and wild strawberries, and so on.
- Tea. Both green and black teas are very good sources of antioxidants. Usually, a high-quality tea contains over 300 useful chemical compounds, including tannin, proteins, amino acids, vitamins and so on. If used in moderate amounts, tea has numerous positive effects on your body: it strengthens the vessels, stimulates blood production, serves as a great source of fluoride and helps to strengthen your teeth enamel.
- Chocolate. Chocolate has unique nutritional qualities and can help you lower negative effects of stresses, stimulate your muscles and nervous systems, have positive effects on your blood pressure. Chocolate contains tannin, which stimulates detoxification and improves the function of your digestive system. Remember that tannin overdoses can trigger headache, that is why it is necessary to control your consumption of chocolate.