This entry was posted 6 years, 10 months ago.
June 10, 2010
Diabetes is a curse of our times and it is estimated that more than 250 millions people in the world suffer from it. It is a serious metabolic disease which is connected with high glucose levels in blood as a result of irregularities of insulin secretion in the body. Insulin is a substance which can control the levels of glucose in our blood, and a lack of it causes diabetes type 1. Type 2 is a disease inked to inability of cells to use insulin.
In order to lower diabetes risks and avoid developing this disease, the specialists recommend the following habits.
1. Do lots of physical activities in your daily life. The studies showed that the people, who exercise regularly, have increased sensitivity to insulin. During the experiments, a group of participants had 45 minutes of exercising 4 times a day, and for 6 weeks their sensitivity to insulin improved up to 43%.
2. Eat oatmeal. This natural product is very rich in natural fiber, which is proven to have positive effects on our cardio-vascular system and can effectively lower diabetes risks.
3. Eat lots of apples. According to a research by a group of Finnish experts, consuming apples every day can lower diabetes risks for 27%.
4. Choose only the foods with a low glycemic index. It takes a little longer to digest such foods, that is why they help to control sugar levels in blood.
5. Consume the foods with a high content of Vitamin E. This vitamin is considered to be the best microelements for diabetes prevention. Finnish specialists studied daily diet of 944 men and women, and it turned out that those people, who used to consuming great amounts of Vitamin E had about 22% lower diabetes risks.
6. Keep your alcohol consumption as minimal as possible.
7. Avoid eating sweet foods. Put your consumption of cakes, desserts, chocolate and other sweet foods to minimum.Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.