This entry was posted 8 years, 1 month ago.
January 26, 2009
Cellulite, or orange peel syndrome, is something familiar to almost every woman over 25-30. It is estimated that more than 85% of today’s ladies suffer from cellulite, a problem caused by the accumulation of extra fat and fluids under the top layers of the skin and visible through the skin as those terrible lumps and bumps. Cellulite formation is attributed to various reasons. Those are, first of all, problems with blood and lymph flow in such body areas as thighs, hips, buttocks, low legs, stomach and even arms. Poor or unhealthy diet, bad eating habits, lack of physical activities, insufficient water intake, hormonal shifts, constant stresses and genetics are also among the leading reasons of orange peel syndrome.
There are many popular cellulite treatments available for every woman, who is concerned about the way she looks. Specialists recommend, first of all, start doing special exercises, go in for outdoor sports and activities, eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water, perform anti-cellulite massages on a regular basis, as well as use some anti-cellulite creams, lotions and other cosmetic products. At that, the most important idea is to understand that all these treatments and solutions may work only when used together, as the parts of a complex anti-cellulite program, because it is practically impossible to get rid of cellulite easily and forever. In addition to that, every woman can use some herbal remedies to support her efforts directed on cellulite reduction and removal. Below, you can find a bit of useful information about some herbs, which can assist in blood flow normalization and cellulite reduction.
- Artichoke (Cynara Scolymus). It is one of the world’s oldest vegetables and a miraculous plant, which has a lot of therapeutic properties. It assists in detoxification and elimination of unnecessary fluids and fat from the body. Also, it has positive effects on the digestive system and facilitates the functioning of liver. German researchers discovered that there are a lot of flavonoids in artichoke juice. Finally, it can help to normalize the level of good cholesterol in the body and relief chronic arthritis pains. Eat cooked artichoke or get a tincture or artichoke leaf extract from a pharmacy.
- Horsetail Plant (Equisetum). It contains a lot of silica, which is very useful for strengthening the blood vessels. In addition, it assists in preventing arterial diseases and improves blood circulation to the problematic body areas affected by cellulite. Silica also helps to prevent tuberculosis, tooth cavities and is a very effective element to prevent osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and other problems related to bones.
- Asiatic Pennywort or Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica). Extracts of this plant stimulate the development of good fibrous connective tissues and lower the amounts of colagens in the body areas affected by cellulite. It also helps to strengthen micro-vessels and improve local blood flow. Extracts of Asiatic Pennywort are recommended for treatment of advanced stages of cellulite and are widely used for mesotherapy.
- Seaweed (Laminaria Digitala and Fucus Vesiculosus). These types of seaweed are recommended as very effective natural remedies for weight control. They contain iodine, a necessary element for normal function of our thyroid gland, which plays a key role in metabolism. That is why using these seaweeds helps to stimulate chemical processes in the body, including elimination of toxins and other dangerous elements. The extracts of these seaweeds can be taken in the form of tables or supplements.
- Ginkgo Biloba. This plant is a very popular and effective natural remedy for almost all the problems and ailments, connected with blood vessels and blood circulation. Ginkgo helps to normalize blood flow in the arms and legs, assists in fluid elimination and prevents natural bruises.
- Grape Vine (Vitis Vinifera). It has positive effects on the blood vessels similar to the ones of Ginkgo. The extracts of Grape Vine contain a lot of flavonoids and tanin, necessary for strengthening blood and lymphatic vessels. Dry extracts of Grape Vine are sold in tablets.