This entry was posted 6 years, 6 months ago.
February 9, 2010
There are more tips for healthy work environment.
1. Avoid drinking energy drinks. It is better drink coffee than energy drinks as such drinks contain plenty of harmful components.
2. Do not abuse your air conditioner. Remember that using air conditioner for long periods of time is linked to dried air, problematic skin, headaches and fatigue.
3. Do not go to the office when you are sick. If you are on feet, your sickness can give unwanted side effects, which can turn into a harder illness. And also, what about healthy work environment for your colleagues?
4. Allow fresh air into your room. It is recommended only if there is no factory or industrial facility next to your office building.
5. Avoid overworking. Remember that your work is only a part of your life, and even if you have nothing much else to do, try to look for other entertaining activities for your free time.
6. Try to keep calm, no matter what. It is a known fact that moderate stresses can be useful and help you focus, but chronic stresses can cause serious mental problems.
7. Do not postpone your vacation. Everyone needs regular rest, otherwise you’ll develop chronic fatigue syndrome.
8. Forget about pills. If you head aches, it can be caused by too dry or too hot work environment, or sitting too close to your computer screen. Try to find a reason, not just pop a painkiller in.
9. Do what you like. Chronic dissatisfaction with your work, colleagues and bosses, your work environment and so on can become a reason of stresses, fatigue, irritability, and even certain mental disorders.
11. If you sit at your table in the office for hours, do lots of sports. Go to a gym or a swimming pool 3-4 times a week, spend time outside and take care about your health.
12. Smile. Smile to your colleagues, to your boss and the landlady. Positive emotions are strongly linked to calmness, joy, happiness and longevity.
13. Create comfort. Comfort is an essential element of healthy work environment, which can help you reduce negative effects of stresses, help you focus and evoke more of positive emotions.
14. Get busy. Idleness and laziness are quite tiresome, that is why you should always do something at work. Do something that you used to avoid doing, or help your colleagues and earn a good reputation!Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.