This entry was posted 7 years, 8 months ago.
July 27, 2009
One of the world’s most known nutritionists, Dr. Alan Greene, Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at Stanford University School of Medicine, Attending Pediatrician at Packard Children’s Hospital, and Senior Fellow at the University California San Francisco Center for the Health Professions, is also known as a book writer, a blogger and a health care enthusiast. Recently, he published a list of 5 most important organic foods, which every today’s woman should add to her healthy nutrition plan.
The list includes the following 5 organic foods:
1. Dairy products. As a rule, modern time’s women have a certain lack of high quality dairy products in their diet, which is sometimes compensated by occasional consumption of low-fat yogurts or low-fat milk with cereal for breakfast. At the same time, dairy products are very useful for children and adults as these products are rich in omega 3 and other fatty acids necessary for normal function of our body systems.
2. Lettuce and other leafy vegetables. Organic green leafy veggies, such as lettuce, broccoli, spinach, Chinese cabbage, parsley, and a great number of others, are perfect sources of antioxidants and should be added to the menu of every modern person. At that, organic green vegetables usually have 25% more antioxidants than usual ones we can find in any today’s supermarkets or grocery shops.
3. Organic Apples. The apples we usual buy from our markets are overloaded with dangerous toxic chemicals and pesticides, but organic apples (as well as organic peaches, imported grapes, strawberries, nectarines, cherries, oranges, pears, and other fruit) are considered to be among the most useful natural foods for good woman’s health. Remember that eating only ORGANIC apples can keeps all the doctor away!
4. Organic Tomatoes. Tomatoes are a type of the foods we eat very frequently, that is why it is important to be sure in the quality of these vegetables. Instead of using various tomato pastes and souses, choose organic tomatoes for your cooking. It is very important for women as tomatoes contain an antioxidant lycopene, which prevents breast cancer.
5. Red Wine. It is enough to have just a half glass of red wine every day to enjoy numerous health benefits of this product. First of all, great amounts of antioxidants in red wine can help to slow down aging and make our skin look better. Also, antioxidants assist in preventing various types of cancer. Remember that organic wine has up to 30% more antioxidants than a usual wine.Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.