This entry was posted 6 years, 4 months ago.
June 1, 2010
Many of us know so well about all the advantages of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and a lot of people do really want to start living a healthy life. But sometimes they do not know where to begin and how to start changing their life. The most common reason why we refuse making efforts for keeping fit, giving up bad habits and following a healthy diet plan is our busy schedules and lack of time for making changes. What to do?
Below, you can see a list of useful healthy activities and easy changes which you can start right now without spending big efforts. This list offers a number of the easiest and simplest ways to launch a healthy lifestyle. Try following these recommendations today, and you’ll see that it is actually easy to turn your daily routine into a healthy lifestyle.
1. Drink 2-3 liters of mineral non-carbonated water every day. Water is a great source of life and health, and consuming sufficient amounts of water is a key rule of a healthy lifestyle. If you want some exciting taste or fragrance, add several drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice to every glass of water.
2. Make your consumption of carbonated and caffeinated drinks as minimal as possible. Caffeine and sugar have lots of negative effects on our body, they stimulate dehydration and cause huge changes of energy levels in our body. Instead, drink freshly squeezed juices, green tea or mineral water.
3. Decrease your daily consumption of sugar and salt. This will help you to maintain a healthy weight and improve your genera health to a great extent.
4. Always keep some healthy snacks ready. If you spend your day sitting at your desk in the office, have some fresh veggies, carrots or tomato juice, raisins and other dried fruit, tree nuts, low fat yogurts and other types of healthy snacks, so you’ll be able to have a healthy bite at any time.
5. If you prepare your lunch and take it to the work by yourself, keep your lunch packed and ready before going to bed. This way you’ll be able to avoid grabbing random and unhealthy foods in the morning.
6. Do not force yourself about eating only healthy foods all the time. If you are having hard times to maintain a healthy nutrition plan and can not refuse your favorite chocolate or profiteroles, observe the rule “80/20”, or have 80% of only healthy foods in your diet, and 20% of your favorite foods. This will help you avoid unnecessary stresses caused by forced eating.
7. Use frozen veggies for cooking your meals. Scientists say that frozen veggies and foods are sometimes more useful and nutritious than some fresh but wrongly transported or preserved veggies. Therefore, frozen veggies are mostly associated with a healthy nutrition.
8. Try to exercise AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. A lack of physical activities is one of the leading reasons of today’s social tendency to be overweight. Therefore, squeeze exercise into your busy day and make exercise a habit! Even 30 minutes of exercising 3 times a day can give great effects, scientists say.
9. Try to go out for a walk every day. Even 20 minutes spent walking outside can make a change, help you burn calories and balance your levels of activities.
10. Do not forget about an 8-hour sleep every night. Even if you wake up in the early morning to start your busy day earlier, your performance will hardly be the same effective as it would be after a sufficient amount of sleep. Also, remember that a lack of sleep is linked to increased vulnerability to many common diseases and ailments.Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.