This entry was posted 5 years, 3 months ago.
April 1, 2011
It is not a revolutionary idea that regular exercise and a healthy diet are two piles of a successful weight management program. However, as the U.S. Surgeon General report on physical activity and health in America suggests, more than 50% of modern American people are not involved in any sort of regular physical activities. Why not to try walking, one of the easiest and the best ways to maintain good health? It is known that walkers have reduced risks of many killing diseases like cancer, stroke or heart attack. Therefore, regular walking is a great natural way to longevity and excellent health.
Studies carried out under the sponsorship of British Heart Foundation, US Dept of Health and other world’s leading health care organizations have revealed the following health benefits of walking.
- This type of physical activity assists in lowering LDL cholesterol (known as “bad” cholesterol) and increasing HDL cholesterol (known as “good” cholesterol) levels in our blood, this way improving lipid profile of blood.
- Due to the above mentioned effects, regular walking is linked to lower chances of serious cardiovascular diseases like coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, stroke and so on.
- Health benefits of walking also include improved circulation and lower blood pressure.
- Walking helps us in more effective weight management by lowering the amount of body fat.
- In particular, walking can help you improve your waistline and the shape of your legs.
- Also, it is considered to be among the most effective activities which can help in reducing cellulite.
- Regular activities like walking can assist in increasing bone density, this way lowering our chances to have osteoporosis and other related health problems.
- Walking is connected with reduced risks of such disease as non insulin dependent diabetes.
- At the same time, walking also reduces risk factors for development and progress of type 2 diabetes.
- Health benefits of walking embrace all positive effects of this type of activity on your respiratory system as walking is considered to be a great breathing exercise.
- Walking is an excellent stress management technique, which can be used to reduce both acute and chronic stresses.
- This type of physical activities is an amazing tool for combating depression and related symptoms.
- Studies has shown that walking helps in normalization of our bowel movement, this way preventing colon cancer.
- Walking is a great tool for bladder function control.
- Health benefits of walking include lower risks of osteoarthritis and better condition of joints.
- Walking can help in pain control by stimulating endorphin production in your body.
- Walking on a regular basis can be a brilliant opportunity for you to meet other people and make new friends, this way improving your mental health.
- It is a great opportunity to develop coordination and flexibility.
- According to the reports of US Dept of Health, regular walking is liked to improved general health, as well as to lower mortality in people of all age groups.
- Finally, walking if cost-free, easy and very pleasant activities for those who want to spend their free time with a great purpose!