This entry was posted 3 years, 9 months ago.
August 6, 2012
Royal jelly is a known natural remedy, a secretion of worker bees produced to feed the queen bee and the larvae. It is a sick milky substance of yellowing color, with a little sore taste. Royal jelly is a highly concentrated unique natural remedy balanced by our Mother Nature. It has plenty of vitamins, micro- and macro-elements which can be a perfect natural solution for a great deal of health conditions and ailments. In our times, it is available in the forms of supplements, pills, capsules, extracts, or liquid forms, however, taking fresh royal jelly is considered the most beneficial as it is free from any kind of processing, like heating. Therefore, much more of enzymes, elements and nutrients are preserved in this natural remedy.
Royal jelly benefits are very numerous, and at the first glance this huge list of therapeutic properties can seem like something too good to be true. However, everything can be explained by extremely rich chemical formula of this natural product. It includes over 100 compounds and elements, and about 10 per cent of those are still unknown. This substance is very complex and can not be reproduced or synthesized by mankind. Chemical composition of royal jelly includes a series of amino acids, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin D and vitamin E, plenty of proteins, monosaccharides, trace minerals, enzymes, antibiotic and anti-bacterial compounds, a high amounts of essential fatty acids, and many other natural elements,
“The action of the active substance and nutrients contained in Royal Jelly takes place throughout the entire body. It acts to regulate all the functions of the human body,” James A. Devlin uses this quote of a medical specialist from Germany in his academic work about royal jelly benefits. According to the scientists, those include antiviral, antibacterial, balancing, tonic, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-stress, anti-tumor, stimulant, antibiotics, and other natural healing actions of this amazing remedy. It promotes weight loss, aids metabolism, helps to prevent plenty of illnesses and makes us feel more energized.
In a more detailed approach, health benefits of royal jelly include the following:
- stimulation and balancing of thyroid gland function
- natural aid for regulating and balancing hormones
- assisting in detoxification and rejuvenating of tissues
- speeding up metabolism and assisting weight loss
- improving the function of the immune system and promoting longevity
- stimulating cell regeneration
- improving brain health and reducing the risks of dementia-like brain disorders
- reducing the risks of digestive disorders
- toning the function of liver
- relieving the symptoms of Graves’ disease
- providing excellent antibiotic effects
- preventing bacterial infections of respiratory system, including Proteus bacteria, Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, E. coli, and many more
- relieving the symptoms of allergies
- relieving arthritis-related pains
- reducing blood sugar and cholesterol
- increasing hemoglobin levels and improving blood quality, preventing anemia.
- supporting wound healing and improving skin health
- preventing all health condition caused by exposure to radiation
- relieving the symptoms of PMS
- reducing the risks of infertility
- reducing the risks of cancer
- promoting energy and vigor
- relieving the symptoms of stresses, anxiety, depression, and so on
- helping extend lifespan
The daily dose of royal jelly should be between 50-300 mg, and the maximum dose should not increase 500-600 mg a day, however, it is essential to consult with your health care specialist or a qualified health care practitioner before starting any sort of therapy involving royal jelly. According to the findings of the experts at the Institute for Medical Research, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, there are certain side effects caused by overdose of royal jelly, like diarrhea, hemorrhagic colitis, difficulties when breathing, etc. Topical use of royal jelly sometimes causes skin rashes, skin irritations, dermatitis and other related conditions. Since royal jelly increases the levels of estrogen, those women who have estrogen-receptor positive conditions should avoid using this natural remedy.
It is interesting that royal jelly benefits are especially valued and have been thoroughly studied in Japan since this natural remedy is considered one of the most effective traditional therapeutic technology. Japanese scientists estimated that the success rate of using royal jelly as a part of individual therapeutic program exceeds 80 per cent which is quite high for a natural remedy. It is estimated that annually over 200 thousand kilos of royal jelly is used in Japan. According to CBC News, currently Japan has the highest life expectancy rates in the world, which is in average 86 years.Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.