Everyone of us heard about ginseng root and its miraculous effects as a powerful natural aphrodisiac and tonic. Ginseng is a nutritious herb, which grows in many countries of the world and has a variety of types. There is Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus Senticosus), Asian Ginseng (Panax Ginseng), Jiaogulan or Southern Ginseng (Gynostemma Pentaphyllum), Japanese Ginseng (Panax Japonicum), Indian Ginseng (Withania Somnifera), Brazilian Ginseng (Pfaffia Paniculata), Peruvian Ginseng (Epidium Meyenii), American ginseng, etc.
This herbal remedy is most commonly used in the form of ginseng tea, ginseng tincture, ginseng extracts or capsules. Health benefits of ginseng embrace analgesic, tonic, stimulant, anti-inflammatory, adaptogen and other properties of this herbal remedy. For centuries ginseng has been used to treat a series of ailments and diseases, including infertility, impotence, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, heart problems, Lyme disease and others. Health benefits of ginseng include the following:
- Improving endurance and restoring energy.
- Reducing physical and mental stresses, anxiety and nervous tension.
- Improving abilities to focus and memory.
- Acting as an effective sleep aid.
- Assisting in relieving chronic fatigue syndrome
- Stimulating appetite and improving digestion
- Bringing relieve for stomach ulcers
- Helping to lower bad cholesterol levels in blood
- Relieving the symptoms of asthma and other respiratory problems
- Relieving swellings and arthritis aches
- Reducing risks of cancer
- Stimulating the function of the immune system
- Lowering blood sugar levels and aiding people with type 2 diabetes
- Lowering the risks of coronary heart disease
- Lowering the risks of Alzheimer’s disease
- Lowering blood pressure in improving blood circulation
- Relieving menopausal symptoms
- Improving sexual function as an excellent natural aphrodisiac.
To enjoy these numerous health benefits of ginseng, you can buy a dried out ginseng root (whole or sliced), a ginseng supplement or any type of ginseng tea in herbal store. This natural remedy is considered to be quite safe, but pregnant and breastfeeding women are recommended to avoid using it. Consume ginseng tea on a regular basis, and you’ll feel stronger, more energetic, more focused and healthy!Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.