Beans Nutrition Facts
Beans or legumes are very important foods that we all consume quite regularly. Known as “poor man’s meat’, beans have been cultivated for food since the epochs of ancient civilizations, and nowadays there are about 13,000 species of beans. Beans like soybeans, kidney beans, snap beans, green beans, black beans, navy, lima, pinto, garbanzo, and others, are considered among the healthiest sources of energy. Rich in natural proteins and calories, bean provide us with more energy and proteins than grains and other natural foods. Health benefits of beans are numerous, and they are derived from a rich nutritional content of beans.
First of all, these natural foods are very highly valued as excellent natural sources of dietary fiber and amino acids (like tryptophan, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, etc). Beans are rich in Vitamins B1 and B9, as well as in such minerals as iron, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, zinc, sodium, molybdenum, manganese, and others. A portion of beans a day can satisfy our body’s needs in folate and molybdenum. Finally, by consuming beans we provide our body with a great amount of flavonoids like malvidin, quercetin, delphinidin, petunidin, and others, which allow us enjoy excellent antioxidant properties.
Health Benefits Of Beans
As it comes from the above nutrition facts, beans can play a role of great natural source of nutrients vital for normal functioning of all our body systems and organs. Health benefits of beans are numerous, starting from very good appetite suppressant properties and ending up with cancer protection. It can make sense to speak about the benefits of the most common types of beans (below you can see the sections for soy beans benefits, and health benefits of black beans), but I need to mention that those of us who want to maximize the effects of legumes should use them together with other natural superfoods like garlic, celery, carrots, red pepper, onion, brown rice, corn, and so on.
Benefits Of Green Beans
- Very low in calories, green beans are great for controlling our calorie consumption and aiding weight loss
- Rich in dietary fiber, green beans assist in preventing digestive problems like indigestion, constipation, etc.
- Dietary fiber assists lowering cholesterol levels in blood, this way preventing many common cardiovascular conditions.
- Protein in green beans plays a role of energy source and can give us energy to go through our days.
- Potassium is a key component to control our blood pressure and heart rate.
- It also can assist us in controlling blood sugar levels, giving a helping hand to those who suffer from diabetes mellitus.
- Green beans are rich in vitamin A, the substance to support our vision and eye health.
- Vitamin C that we can receive by consuming green beans is a known immune function booster.
- These natural foods can stimulate detoxification and sleep up toxin removal from the body.
- Health benefits of green beans embrace anti-oxidant and anti-cancer properties.
Health Benefits Of Black Beans
- Black beans provide excellent support for our digestive function.
- They can serve for prevention of constipation and many common problems related to colon and lower digestive tract.
- Improved abilities to absorb nutrients are linked to regular black bean consumption.
- More effective blood sugar regulation and type 2 diabetes prevention are among the most valuable health benefits of black beans.
- These natural foods assist us with lowered risks of coronary heart disease, heart attack, and other common cardiovascular conditions
- Anti-inflammatory health benefits of black beans have been known for many centuries.
- Antioxidant and anti-cancer properties are being extensively researched and studied now.