This entry was posted 7 years, 8 months ago.
June 15, 2009
Everybody knows that squeezed juices are much better than bottled juices available in our supermarkets. Fresh fruit and vegetable juices are excellent sources of natural vitamins, minerals and nutriments necessary to our body for its normal functioning. Using fresh juices therapy can help you in weight management, normalizing your blood pressure and the function of your digestive system, stimulate detoxification, lower cholesterol and so on. Some nutritionists say that having a glass of fresh squeezed juice for breakfast can be effective in protecting our body against a great number of infections and viruses.
Certainly, fresh juices have the same vitamins, nutrients and fructose that can be found in the fruit and vegetables they are made from. However, the main advantage of using fresh juices is the ability of our body to digest fresh juices much faster (withing 15-20 minutes), whereas sometimes it can take up to several hours to digest some vegetables. That is why fresh juices are recommended to those who are on diet. Fresh juices can fill your stomach and create an illusion of being full. Besides, they improve peristalsis of your digestive tract.
At the same time, you should not forget about the benefits of eating fresh fruit and vegetables. First of all, they contain lots of fiber which can not be found in fresh juices in necessary amounts. Natural fiber is absolutely essential to good digestion and supporting the function of your bowels. In addition, when we eat fruit and vegetables, our body produces good amounts of saliva, which helps to lower negative effects of acids on our teeth. Therefore, the best solution is eating lots of fruit and vegetables in conjunction with drinking fresh juices.
More tips for those who like drinking fresh juices:
- Drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juices on a regular basis assists in maintaining proper metabolism in our body.
- Fresh juices have as many calories as the fruit or vegetables used for squeezing the juice.
- You should eat something after drinking verjuices or the juices made of acidic fruit (cherries, oranges, lemon, rhubarb, etc.). Such juices contain organic acids which can damage your stomach. That is why it is recommended to eat a slice of tomato or cucumber after drinking acidic juices.
- Choose the juices made from the fruit or vegetables cultivated in your climatic region. As a rule, your body can digest such juices more effectively.
- The majority of fresh juices encourage hunger, since they stimulate enzyme production in your body. Therefore, your should drink fresh juices 15-20 minutes before your mealtime.
- If you have some serious health problems like peptic ulcer, diabetes, pancreatic exacerbation, irritated bowels syndrome and so on, you should be careful with using such fresh juices as carrot, orange, lemon, lime, cranberry, pomegranate, grapefruit, grape, beetroot juices. Some of these juices are too acidic, some are toxic. Before starting fresh juice therapy, discuss your health concerns with your doctor or a health care specialist.