This entry was posted 4 years, 0 months ago.
January 16, 2013
Many nutritionists and health care specialists believe that what we eat for breakfast plays a key role in how we’re going to feel during the day. There is a common idea that breakfast actually can be quite high in calories and sugars since it should help us receive a good chunk of energy for the new day. There are plenty of nutritious and simple breakfast ideas we got used to choose from, including boiled eggs, omelet, a sandwich with low fat cheese, a smoothie, a carrot-apple salad, a cup of low fat yogurt with fruit, and so on. Most of us got used to the idea that we’re doing great when choosing these kind of breakfasts, and we do not even question this in our minds. We’re sure that we’re eating healthy, provide our body with great natural nutrients and prevent possible diseases or unwanted health conditions. However, very often we are wrong…
Have you every thought that starting your day with a mushroom and spinach omelet packed with unhealthy fat and unnecessary calories, is bad? Or consuming a couple of deep fried donuts with a cup of sweetened coffee with milk? These will not help you generate more energy and improve your health especially if used in a long-term perspective. Moreover, using easy breakfast ideas which are not effective and simply wrong for starting your day with can be actually very harmful, first of all to our digestive system, and also to our overall health. Nowadays, a great number of nutritionists warn us about the fact that some foods which are commonly considered very healthy are actually nothing of the kind. It becomes apparent after we look at the nutrition labels of such foods. Below, check out the list of very common simple breakfast ideas which are actually not good and should be avoided.
- Sandwiches with white bread, mayonnaise and other similar sauces, high fat cheese, high fat bacon, sausages or hams, and other fatty foods. Starting your day with this kind of breakfast is a great way to high cholesterol, elevated risk of cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, and other serious health problems. Use whole grain bread, low fat ham, chicken meat or other healthy meat substitutes, low fat cheese, and organic greens for your sandwiches.
- Pastries and donuts. Though breakfast is the best time to consume desserts and something sweet, these kind of easy breakfast ideas should be avoided, or at least it is important to minimize the number of sweet foods like cookies, muffins, coffee cakes, croissants, etc. consumed in the morning. These easy breakfast ideas provide our body with extreme amounts of calories, carbs, sugar, unhealthy fat and everything else our body does not need. It can be recommended to substitute these sweet foods with healthier desserts like oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, low-calorie apple pies, baked pears, etc.
- Eggs and omelets. Traditionally, starting our day with a boiled egg was one of the best and really simple breakfast ideas. Eggs provide our body with proteins and vitamins. However, many nutritionists warn us against using omelets and fried eggs with fatty sauces, cheese, bacon, and other fatty foods. Also, if you are still a fan of fried eggs, try using small amounts of oil and avoid using unhealthy oil like canola oil or lard.
- Yogurt and yogurt with fruits. Packed yogurts we can find on the shelves of our supermarkets are very often filled with unnecessary additives and unhealthy fats. Undoubtedly, fruity yogurt is one of very simple breakfast ideas, but make sure to check out nutrition label and avoid grabbing a yogurt made from whole milk or packed with additives.
- Fruit juices. It is a known fact that commercially sold fruit juices are filled with sugars and calories. Instead of using a glass of packed apple, orange, or grapefruit juice, start your day with a cup of plain coffee, unsweetened tea, low-fat milk, or just plain water.
- Fruits. We know that organic fruits are considered among the healthiest natural foods. However, nutritionists recommend us be very careful when picking fruits as easy breakfast ideas. First of all, keep in mind that some fruits, especially oranges, cherries, and other sour varieties can cause irritation in the stomach and even lead to gastritis. Besides, they can cause allergic reactions. Also, it is recommended to avoid consuming bananas and persimmons in the morning since they can bring to nutrient imbalances in the body.
- Vegetables. The same can be said about the vegetables like cabbage, bell peppers, or cucumbers which if consumed to the empty stomach can cause irritation and moderate digestive disorders.