This entry was posted 7 years, 7 months ago.
September 4, 2009
Overeating is something really dangerous, and having extra weight is not the only negative effect of this bad habit. The food we love eating in great amounts (even if it is quite healthy and natural) can cause many health problems and ailments. The main side effects of overeating include:
- Allergy. Theoretically, any food we eat can cause allergy, so possible allergic reactions are the main side effect of eating any food in large quantities. The scientists named 8 main products which cause 90% of allergic reactions. Those are milk, eggs, nuts, fish, seafoods, soy and wheat products.
- Increased levels of cholesterol in blood. Many foods (especially eggs, liver, etc.) contain large amounts of cholesterol, which causes increased levels of this chemical in our blood and increases the risks of having heart attack, stroke and other serious health problems.
- Acne. The foods rich in fat and transferal acids stimulate the function of our oil glands and cause acne. Some experts are convinced that there are strong links between acne and increased consumption of cow milk.
- Reflux. This condition is among the most dangerous side effects of overeating. A great number of foods can increase acidity in our stomach and can cause reflux, namely: oranges, chocolate and tomatoes, fried and fatty foods, etc.
- Bad smell. The studies show that eating a lot of red meat can cause very unpleasant smell coming from the meat lover.
- Kidney problems. Those who love eating the foods with high proteins and low carbs are under high risk of having kidney stones. This dangerous side effect can be avoided by eating a lot of spinach, paprika and drinking tea.
- Memory problems. Senior people frequently eat high-fat foods and the foods with high content of copper. Such foods can cause impaired memory and decreased mental abilities. Researches show that consuming high-fat foods is linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Swellings. If you like eating too sweet or too salty foods in large amounts, you are at an increased risks of having swellings. When our body is overloaded with sugar or salt, it starts collecting water that results in swelling.
- Headaches. Overeating can cause severe headaches, starting from pulsing aches and ending with severe migraines. Mostly, those are the foods with increased content of amino acids (mainly red wine, cheese and chocolate).