This entry was posted 3 years, 8 months ago.
September 14, 2012
Check out a selection of interesting facts about breakfast here.
Many of us always have plenty of excuses why we are skipping breakfast. But, fortunately, due to quite a massive campaign in modern media and printed editions, 93 per cent of people are aware about numerous health benefits of breakfast (according to the IFIC Food & Health Survey). Breakfast is known as the main meal of the day, and eating a healthy breakfast every morning is really important. “There is a lot of scientific evidence behind this,” Catherine Collins, an expert at the British Dietetic Association said. The key benefits of breakfast and breakfast facts include the following:
- A good breakfast provides our body with nutrients and micro-elements necessary to maintain excellent overall health.
- Breakfast also provides our body with energy essential for our daily activities, both physical and mental.
- A piece of bread with jam or a handful of dried fruits can play a role of a good glucose portion and a perfect energy-slump for our brain.
- A good breakfast is linked to decreased number of snacks during the day, therefore, eating breakfast is good for consuming less calories during the day.
- Eating a good breakfast is a very smart idea to speed up metabolism and increase fat burning.
- Specialists of American Dietetic Association have found out that consuming a healthy breakfast on a daily basis is one of the best approaches to prevent childhood obesity.
- As a group of experts at the University of Nottingham in England has found out, skipping breakfast is linked to high cholesterol levels and increased risks of heart attack or a stroke.
- According to the findings of the same study, eating a good breakfast every morning is linked to an improved insulin resistance and reduced diabetes risks.
- In turn, proper blood sugar levels can provide excellent appetite control and assist us in suppressing out hunger.
- Eating breakfast regularly is strongly linked to better heart health.
- Scientists say that health benefits of breakfast include reduced risk of metabolic syndrome and promoting bone health.
- Breakfast can boost our learning skills and cognitive performance, problem solving and decision making abilities, creative thinking and memory, concentration levels and reactions.
- Kids who eat breakfast every morning have higher academic success and demonstrate improvements in standardized test scores.
- According to the reports, there are positive impacts of breakfast on nutritional status that leads to reduced rates of illness at school.
- A good breakfast is a healthy way to reduce tardiness and most of the common symptoms of stresses.
- Finally, breakfast is an excellent occasion to have a great family meal, exchange positive emotions in the morning and assist children develop healthy eating habits.
Apart of the mentioned health benefits of breakfast and facts about breakfast, learning not to skip morning meal plays a role as an effective self-discipline tool. Getting up earlier in the morning, preparing a health and nutritious breakfast and having it together with the family is an excellent tool to improve punctuality and discipline, improve behavior and attendance in kids, make them take on a role of responsibility, develop healthy eating habits and choices, as well as enhance relationships with family members.
And finally more of interesting breakfast facts:
- Your breakfast should account for 25-35 per cent of your daily calorie intake.
- Your breakfast should be not later than 10 a.m.
- Nutritionists at Purdue University recommend adding lean proteins to your breakfast. “Protein blunts your hunger the most, and is the most satiating,” Wayne Campbell, PhD, Purdue University researcher said.
- Try to avoid watching morning news or reading morning newspapers when having breakfast.
- Always keep in mind the importance of choosing the right breakfast foods (see related breakfast facts)
- Get your kids involved in cooking breakfast and serving it.
- Always add plenty of breakfast items to your shopping card and stock good (but not excessive) amounts of breakfast foods at home.
- On weekends, make a tradition to have a prolonged family breakfast with a lot of talks and fun.