This entry was posted 5 years, 1 month ago.
December 30, 2011
Those who have ever tried following a strict diet know how hard it can be to totally eliminate from the daily diet one or another group of foods that are high in calories, saturated fats, sugar, and other ingredients dangerous for our good health. Instead of suffering from feeling of being hungry or deprived of something, most of modern people prefer making healthy choices in everything related to their nutrition. This includes consuming only 100% organic foods, using healthy ways of cooking, and so on. Below, there are top 9 tips for those who are concerned about their body mass index and want to remain slim in 2012.
1. Do not set too far going goals. Remember that too low calorie diet is linked to slowed down metabolism and other processes, impaired digestion, etc. Besides, too rapid weight loss can also be dangerous to your health, so do not get less than 1300-1500 calories a day.
2. Start you meal with a glass of water. Quite often we confuse our thirst with our hunger, so drinking a cup or a glass of water can definitely help you feel less hungry and eat less.
3. Control you portion size. It is a very known idea: eating 4-5 times a day and use smaller portions of meals. This strategy can be very effective for an excellent weight management and maintaining a great body mass.
4. Make your portion look larger by using the foods of different colors. Adding to your plate some of leafy greens, red tomatoes and yellow bell-peppers will strengthen the impression that you have a lot to eat at your plate.
5. Give up using artificial sweeteners. Studies have shown that artificial sweeteners can stimulate appetite that leads to eating more and gaining more weight.
6. Give up using alcoholic drinks. Alcohol slows down the processes related to fat burning in the body, and also, drinking alcohol is linked to getting out of control and eating more.
7. Choose fresh fruits instead of juices. There are two major reasons for that: first of all, fruits have less calories than juices, and also fruits are rich sources of fiber which is vital for normal digestion and effective weight management.
8. Take care of your lunch and dinner in the morning. Do some effective planning and know what you are going to eat for lunch and dinner. If you are not going to have an opportunity to have a healthy dinner or lunch, prepare something at home and take your meals with yourself.
9. Take it slowly. Avoid eating too fast as it usually takes time for your brain to produce necessary nerve signals about being full. Eat you meals slowly and enjoy the taste!
Happy New Year 2012!!Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.