This entry was posted 5 years, 5 months ago.
November 21, 2011
Prediabetes is a known health condition linked to slightly higher blood pressure and slightly impaired insulin sensitivity, but still this condition can not be qualified as diabetes. Prediabetes is a very common condition among the modern people over 25-30, and according to the estimations of the specialists, it usually takes about 10 years for prediabetes turn into type 2 diabetes. The symptoms and signs of upcoming diabetes include increased fatigue, thirst, frequent urination, blurred vision and others. If you are over 45, inactive and your BMI is over 25, if you have a family history of type 2 diabetes, elevated blood sugar and high blood pressure, you should be very careful and monitor your health condition very closely.
Fortunately, there are quite effective ways to postpone diabetes or even reverse prediabetes and substantially improve your overall health. Below, there are 7 most effective steps to prevent prediabetes turning into type 2 diabetes.
1. Monitor your blood sugar and insulin response closely. Ask your health care specialist to perform these tests once per every half year, and ask him to comment on the results. These are only the most essential tests, along with other basic ones.
2. Follow a healthy diet. It is quite easy to formulate your diet routine if you are in the group of increased diabetes risks. Try to avoid sugar and the foods with processed carbs, add more of fresh fruit, veggies, beans, low fat meat and fish, while grains and seeds to your diet.
3. Try to avoid all sorts of toxins. It is essential to use only high quality foods and water, to avoid smoke and other toxic substances affect your body and health.
4. Learn effective stress management techniques. The studies have shown that stresses and chronic nervous tension play a serious role in diabetes development. Try to master stress-removing techniques like yoga, sports, new hobbies and interests, new friends and relationships, and so on.
5. Get active. It is one of the principal rules for those who want to postpone or reverse prediabetes condition and avoid it turning into type 2 diabetes. It does not matter what kind of activities you prefer: jogging, walking, swimming, playing tennis or hiking. Just 30 minutes of physical activities a day will be enough to substantially lower the risks of not only diabetes but also a great deal of other serious diseases.
6. Listen to your body and mind. It is very important not just simply follow the rules blindly but listen to the needs and calls of your body. Try to achieve your own physical and psychological balance by looking for the techniques that can work best for you.
7. Connect with other people. It is always best to overcome obstacles and combat all difficulties together with your friends and loved ones. Look for the ideas and support of those around you, and get your strength from their love and care.Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.