No related posts.
Dry skin is a very common problem of many modern women. Some of us have this type of skin due to natural causes, but usually dry skin can be a result of too dry air, hereditary factors, a lack of water in the body or, on the contrary, increased exposure to water, especially hot water (too frequent or too long bathing with hot water), using skin care products with certain toxic chemicals, smoking or other types of exposure to toxic elements in environment, nutritional deficiency, taking certain medications, and various other causes. Dry skin usually starts displaying the effects of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, etc. too early, and using natural herbs for skin can be a very smart decision for all women who have dry skin.
Below, there is a list of the most effective herbs for dry skin which have been used for many centuries and have very good moisturizing and revitalizing effects. Using these herbs is considered quite safe but if you are prone to allergies or have serious skin problems, consult with your health care specialist prior using these natural herbs for skin care.
- Aloe Vera. One of the most known natural moisturizers, Aloe Vera can work perfectly well as a herb for dry skin. It also assists in healing small wounds, nourishing and revitalizing your skin. Aloe Vera gel can be the most recommended natural skin care solution for dry and damaged skin.
- Chamomile. Chamomile infusion can be used as a wash for dry and irritated skin. This is one of the best soothing herbs for dry skin which also has excellent anti-inflammatory properties and can be used by those who suffer from dermatitis, eczema, acne, and other types of skin infections.
- Sage. Rich in volatile oil, sage is also considered one of the best natural herbs for skin. It can play a role of excellent natural moisturizer, tonic and nourishing herb as sage is rich in vitamin C and vitamin A, minerals like potassium, iron, calcium, and others, as well as tannins and anti-oxidants. In addition, sage has very powerful antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which can be used to protect your skin from possible infections and related conditions.
- Lavender. Known as an amazing anti-inflammatory and tonic herb, lavender can be used to moisturize, nourish, protect and energize your skin. This is one of the best herbs for dry skin which also can be used as an essential oil.
- Calendula. Taking its place among very effective moisturizing and soothing herbs for dry skin, calendula possesses very good wound healing properties and is valued for its high nutritional properties, too.
- Hyssop. Herbal infusion of hyssop can be used as a wash or tonic for dry skin. This herb can be used to assist in effective wound healing and elimination of various skin imperfections like scars, etc.
- Herbal essential oils. If you like enriching your skin care products with natural essential oils, for dry skin it is recommended using peppermint oil, rose oil, lavender oil, or lemon oil. Another option is massaging mixtures of these oils with a carrier oil (almond oil, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, grape seed oil, or avocado oil) into your skin for maximizing the results.
- Apricot flesh. Along with the above mentioned natural herbs for skin, fresh apricot can be used as facial mask or an element of natural skin treatment for its amazing moisturizing, nourishing, as well as cleansing properties. In those times of the year when fresh apricots are not available it is possible to use apricot essential oil.