This entry was posted 7 years, 6 months ago.
September 16, 2009
We are affected by stresses every day, and sometimes we have no idea how harmful and dangerous stresses actually are. They kill our nervous and immune systems, make us vulnerable to various negative effects of the environment. They drain out our physical and mental power, as well as lead to such consequences as depressions, mental fatigue, excessive anxiety, psychological and mental disorders and many other serious problems. How to cope with stresses? There are several effective techniques and ways to relieve stress.
1. A touch of nature. Turn off your cell phone and TV, leave your laptop on your table and go out. Actually, it is better to drive out of the city and get closer to nature. Inhale beautiful aroma of pine-trees in the forest, walk in the meadows and play with the sun rays, swim in a little pool, go to pick wild strawberries or flowers – all these activities will help you forget about your stresses and worries for very long time.
2. Physical exercise. No need in spending hours in a gym, just go for 30 minutes of jogging, cycling or swimming, play with children or walk with your dog. Even half an hour of such cardiovascular activities 3 times a week will help you relax, as well as improve your overall health to a great extent.
3. Dance! “Dance, nothing left for me to do just dance!” It does not matter whether you know how to dance or not. Just turn on your favorite music and do some Napoleon Dynamite dance. You’ll make it, and your stresses will certainly back up!
4. Go in for gardening. One of the most effective ways to relieve stress, gardening can help you forget all your problems and worries. If you have no garden around your house, just start dealing with houseplants. Remember that watching flowers has a unique ability to improve our mood and psychological condition. You can always get some valuable gardening advice online.
5. Aromatherapy. This is one more 100% effective technique to relax and refresh your mind. Fill your bathtub with warm water and add several drops of peppermint, bergamot, lavender, rosemary oil or Melissa extract. Regular seances or aromatherapy will assist in stress and mood management, as well as help you to forget about your sleep problems.
6. Start a diary. In order to get rid of your fears, stresses and worries, start a diary. You can call it “an achievement diary” and write down everything you should be proud of. You can just write down everything about your positive emotions and feelings, or the things you need to keep in mind and the tasks to complete, turning your diary into a kind of business calendar.
7. Laugh. Specialists found out that laugh increases the levels of endorphins and helps to reduce stresses. When you are stressed out or depressed, watch your favorite Warner Bros. cartoons, comedy TV shows like Friends, Two And A Half Men or Married With Children, or your favorite comedy movie. I can recommend Anger Management or the movies with Jim Carrey – always lots of laugh and positive emotions!Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.