Modern tempo of life has numerous negative effects on our health. Insomnia and inability to fall asleep fast are among the most common consequences of long-term stresses and problems. Many people are looking for effective solutions and tips to fall asleep faster. Below, you can see a series of recommendations and suggestions from European specialists on improving our sleep quality and how to fall asleep faster.
1. Eliminate all noise. Before going to bed, be sure that no outer noise (including a sound of TV or music from the other room, a sound of cars passing by the house, etc.) can reach your ears. No noise should bother you because it is possible to fall asleep faster only in total silence.
2. Use a proper room temperature. The temperature in your bedroom should not be too high, preferably 22-23 C. Always open the windows in your bedroom before the bedtime, and use a thick woolen blanket to cover and warm yourself up during your sleep.
3. Do express-exercises in your bed. Doctors recommend to everyone who is trying to find the techniques and tips to fall asleep faster to use express-exercises. When you are in bed, take a position of laying on your back, then tighten all the muscles of your body and keep them tightened for 15-20 seconds, then relax. Repeat several times. This easy exercise will help you to tone and then relax your body, this way preparing it for night’s sleep.
4. Use mental relaxation techniques. Learn to forget about all your daily problems, stresses and worries. Imagine yourself on a seashore or on any other pleasant and quiet environment. Try to imagine everything in little details and keep this picture in your mind as long as possible.
5. Make notes and keep the schedules for your business activities in order. Modern business people have to keep a great deal of information in their minds. This is directly linked to our sleep quality and can be very helpful to everyone who is thinking how to fall asleep faster. Very often the reason why people can’t fall asleep is trying to remember what is in the schedule for the next business day. That is why if your working schedule is tight but is always under control and in a good order, your sleep will definitely be better!Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.