This entry was posted 3 years, 9 months ago.
July 31, 2012
Aging is something that we all have to go through, and thinking about this makes all of us sad and a little scared. Aging is linked to many complex and various biological mechanisms in human body, which are irreversible and destructive. Despite numerous scientific breakthroughs and discoveries to help people look, feel and live their lives as the young, till now, unfortunately, it is completely impossible to stop aging. At the same time, a lot has been found out about the opportunities to slow aging and help people remain in their excellent physical and mental health. A great deal of people around the world are wondering how to prevent aging and how to effectively slow down aging processes in the body. Below, check out 5 most important tips and rules on how to slow down aging and maintain our good health and vitality.
1. Protect your cells from free radical damage and oxidative stress. The process known as oxidative stress occurs when free radicals are in plenty in our cells, so they can not be neutralized by the existing amounts of antioxidants. As a result of this, free radicals go on multiplying and creating more and more of volatile free radicals which very soon start damaging cell membranes, fats, proteins, vessel walls, and sometimes even DNA molecules in cells. It was found out that oxidative stress causes over 70 chronic generative diseases, including cancer, diabetes, heart attack, a stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, macular degeneration, and so on. In order to slow aging processes in the body, one should use plenty of natural antioxidant sources, like green tea, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, carrots, and so on. Remember that vitamins A, E and C have clear antioxidant properties, so using natural sources of this vitamins like vegetable oils or oily fish can assist your cells in preventing cardiovascular diseases, colon cancer, cataract and Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Always monitor your heart health. Staying active is considered one of the best ways to support the function of cardiovascular system and slow aging. In addition to the known benefits of a healthy lifestyle, it was recently found out that active body produces increased amounts of co-enzyme Q10. This substance plays a key role in preventing cardiovascular diseases and free radical damage. Make sure that your daily diet is high in healthy fats (add oily fish, seeds, whole grains, olive oil, as well as plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables) that can assist you in reducing cholesterol levels and maintaining a healthy body weight. Monitor your blood pressure, cholesterol level and blood sugar level at least once per every 6 months.
3. Maintain high energy levels. To slow aging, it is very important to remain energetic and keep positive attitude all the time. Learn to reduce stresses and learn effective stress management techniques. Try to achieve balance in your life, avoid multitasking, worrying or scaring situations. Get plenty of sleep and make a habit of going to sleep early. Take good time to rest, have a number of hobbies to relax your mind, and many good friends to talk to about life. Focuse on positive and take a good care about yourself. For the diet, you can use a combination of carnitine and alpha-lipoic acid as a very effective energy boosting mixture working on cellular level and supporting the function of cells to produce proper amounts of energy.
4. Support your vision and take a good care about your eye health. If you are wondering how to prevent aging and stay healthy for many years, you should keep in mind the importance of vision problem prevention as a part of your program to slow aging. Usually, following a healthy diet and healthy lifestyle is quite eonugh to reduce your risks to suffer from serious eye problems. It is necessary to have periodic eye exams and observe the rules of daily eye care. To support you vision, you can use such herbal remedies as common chickweed (Stellaria media), fennel flower (Nigella sativa), as well as enrich your diet with carotene high foods like carrots, bell peppers, spinach, sweet potatoes, and so on.
5. Do everything you can to support your memory. It is very important to stay focused, organized, and mentally active. Solve puzzles, memorize new things, develop your problem-solving skills. Using special foods to improve memory or herbal remedies for memory support can be one of the smartest ideas to slow aging. Many herbalists recommend using ginkgo biloba as a great support for memory function. This natural remedy can stimulate blood circulation and boosts blood flow to the brain, prevents blood clots formation, and has excellent antioxidant effects. Ginkgo biloba is the greatest natural remedy to prevent Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia-like diseases.Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.