This entry was posted 7 years, 9 months ago.
May 27, 2009
A thousand times you have given yourself a word not to have a bite before going to bed. However, every night you can’t hold yourself and look for a reason to go to the kitchen. In your mind, you picture the most delicious images of your favorite meals, and your heart calls you to the kitchen again and again. Well well, if this is all about you, you must be wondering, it there something to be done about this? And I say, “Yes, there are ways!” Check out some tips to avoid eating before the bedtime.
1. Try to cheat your stomach with a glass of liquid. Definitely, tomato juice is the most effective since it has really miraculous properties to suppress hunger. I tried this myself many times. Also, you can try a glass of mineral water with several drops of fresh lemon juice. A cup of cold green tea will also do.
2. Take a hot bath. It will help you relax and calm down your hunger.
3. Turn on your favorite music and do some easy physical exercises. Physical activities can be effective for diverting your attention and burning some calories. However, do not try too hard, otherwise you may have problems when falling asleep.
4. Take a walk. It can also help you to get some distraction, but remember that fresh air can increase hunger. Therefore, go out for a walk only right before the bedtime.
5. Have a seance of aromatherapy. As soon as you start feeling that you can not resist your cravings for having a bite anymore, you can lite aromatic candles or take a sniff at your favorite essential oil. Experts say that floral and fruit aromas are the most effective in such situation.
6. At dinner, avoid eating too spicy foods. Spices can increase your hunger and make you want to eat more.
7. Let yourself have some dessert after dinner. You can try a bar of chocolate, some yogurt with fruit or a banana. Such desserts can boost your mood and assist in fighting with the hunger that is going to appear in some hours.
8. Do not keep cookies, cakes, nuts or other highly caloric foods easily available. Instead, when you are in the middle of your hunger crisis, let your eyes see fruit or vegetables, which can bring less harm to your body and health.
9. When you are under attack of hunger right before the bedtime, try brushing your teeth. If you are quite trained to not eat after brushing your teeth, this can work.
10. Finally, if nothing really helps, try to look through some fashion magazines. Looking at real images of sexy slim young ladies can challenge your mind and calm the hunger down.Author Info: Hi! My name is Carla and I am a 5th year medical student at HYMS. I am interested in alternative medicine and I have done months researching the topic of herbal medicine. Besides, I like interviewing people and learning more about their experiences with one or another type of herbal treatments. I am willing to contribute to this site with my knowledge, and I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability with any specific questions or problems related to alternative medicine.